How to Load a Dumpster
When tackling any home project, such as remodeling, moving, organizing, or just cleaning house, you want more than just a cheap dumpster. You want to get the best value and the best service for your money. This can be done by loading your roll-off dumpster the smart way.
Safety should always be your top priority when tackling home projects.
- Keep children and pets away from the bin.
- It might look like a fun playhouse in their eyes, but items can shift and cause injuries.
- Don’t smoke in or around the dumpster.
- Some items could be easily ignited.
- Place sharp objects or broken glass in a container before putting them into the bin.
- This will help you avoid cuts.
- DO NOT place restricted items into the dumpster.
- This includes refrigerators, televisions, and hazardous chemicals, etc.
Your consultant will go over this safety list with you when you rent your dumpster. Do you have questions? Make a list of your questions and any questionable junk so you can ask your consultant.
Protect yourself from preventable incidents.
Load Larger Items First
- Wear gloves to protect your hands.
- You’ll have a better grip and avoid an accident.
- Test the weight of each load before you try to lift it.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Lift properly!
- Bend your knees.
- Keep your back straight.
- Avoid twisting.
- Keep the load close to your body.
- Use our walk-in dumpster doors instead of throwing the trash over the top.
Fill in the Gaps
- Load the largest, bulkiest into your dumpster before anything else.
- This includes furniture, fixtures, old equipment, etc.
- Use the walk-in doors to make this easier.
- You can use wheel barrows or dollies to make this easier.
- Load medium-sized and smaller items next.
- Pause and examine your remaining space every so often.
- Demolition phases of remodeling products move fast! You don’t want to waste time at the end trying to squeeze more into your dumpster.
- Organize smaller items to fill the gaps left by larger items.
- Slide smaller bundles of trash under furniture and between the legs.
- Break down larger items before putting them in the dumpster.
- You can break down or collapse boxes, drywall, and concrete.
You’ll want to maximize the value of your dumpster. Reduce dead space and you’ll be able to fit more.
- Fill no higher than the top of the dumpster. We can always arrange to extend your service, if needed.
Our drivers will cover the dumpster when it is removed, but overfilling could post a danger to our drivers and other drivers on the road when we take the dumpster to the dump.
Loading a dumpster has historically been just a matter of tossing your junk and debris over the sides, but there is more to it than that. Allow common sense to be your guide; but follow our tips to ensure value and safety while loading your temporary dumpster.
Should your residential friendly dumpster needs require our services to the Cleveland/Akron suburbs and surrounding communities, including Cuyahoga Falls, Medina, Strongsville, Maple Heights and Twinsburg, and many others, our Dumpster Consultants are always available for questions or concerns that you may have, be it selecting the right sized bin, placement ability or even what can and can’t be tossed into it. You will be pleasantly surprised with the knowledge level of our residential friendly Dumpster Consultants!
Cuyahoga Falls |
Garfield Heights |